News Flash Home
The original item was published from 8/1/2018 10:11:52 AM to 8/1/2018 10:16:52 AM.
Posted on: August 1, 2018
[ARCHIVED] Job Posting - Processing Assistant V-Accounts Payable/Purchasing
Processing Assistant V-Accounts Payable/Purchasing
Fri. 08/10/18 11:59 PM Eastern Time
$27,270.00 - $30,600.00 Annually
1405 West Blvd, Laurinburg, North Carolina
The purpose of the Fiscal Management Unit is to provide a variety of accounting and budget activities for a moderate size health department. Work requires considerable knowledge of state, county and department accounting budgeting methods and rules and regulations, which require considerable judgment in maintaining the specialized bookkeeping records. This work is reviewed for conformance with state the departmental policy. Accounts and records maintained are subject to periodic audit review by the State Auditor's Office. Work is highly technical and specialized in nature of duties.
Examples of Duties:
Issuance of purchase order numbers, preparing invoices for accounts payable.
Maintaining accurate records for reports for audit purposes.
Time balancing maintained on Executime for payroll.
Time sheets maintained on Excel spreadsheet for time study and monthly reporting purposes.
Responsible for inventory of all equipment and furniture purchased for the agency.
Prepares and follows-up on work orders for IT, building maintenance and county vehicles.
Graduation from high school and demonstrated possession of knowledge, skills and abilities gained through at least three (3) years of office assistant/secretarial experience; or completion of a two-year accounting or business administration program with one year of responsible experience as described above; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
2 year Accounting Degree preferred.
- Considerable knowledge of bookkeeping principles and practices. Considerable knowledge of established governmental and departmental budgeting and bookkeeping practices and procedures. Ability to understand, interpret and apply the laws and regulations governing the maintenance of financial records. Computer knowledge of Excel.
- Substantive knowledge of office or work unit procedures, methods and practices.
- Knowledge of accounting procedures, applicable mathematics and their application in the work environment.
- Skill in communicating effectively both orally and in writing.
- Considerable ability to record, compile, summarize and analyze data.
- Considerable ability to review and process information to determine conclusions, actions or compliance with applicable laws, rules or regulations.
- Considerable ability to analyze work situations and interpret program content in making decisions and explaining policies, regulations and programs.
- Considerable ability to exercise judgment, discretion and negotiation skills in problem situations.
- Ability to independently respond to inquiries and coordinate a variety of resources in acquiring and disseminating information.