Boards & Committees
Join a Board / Committee
If you are interested in joining the Social Services Board, please fill out an.
For a complete list and information on our boards and committees, click here.
Lumber River Workforce Development Board-- The board plans, oversees, and evaluates the workforce service delivery system in the Lumber River region. The primary role of the board is strategic planning to meet the employment and training needs of local businesses and industries. The wide variety of organizations and sectors represented on the board ensures input from experts throughout the community. Through oversight and evaluation, the boards ensure that strategic and operational plans are implemented within the region to ensure a comprehensive approach towards developing a work-ready, adaptable and skilled workforce to meet the current and future needs of employers to improve and sustain economic prosperity in the region. There are two open positions. One must be a person who owns or works in a small to medium private business and the other vacancy is for a person who works in a medium to large industry.
Zoning Board of Adjustment--This board hears zoning appeals and applications for variances to the zoning ordinance. The contact is Ms. Brooke McQueen 910-277-2419 or email@example.com. 5 members and 2 alternates are needed. Appointment will be made when applications have reached the required number of members and alternates.
Aging Advisory Council--The purpose of the Scotland County Aging Advisory Council is to advocate, communicate, educate and create respect for adults 55 and older. The Aging Advisory Council is a collaborative of all agencies serving older adults and citizen board members.
Laurinburg-Scotland County Crime and Drug Commission--Group of citizens and law enforcement that discuss idea and offer possible solutions to crime and drug issues in the city and county. The group presents the ideas of the group to city and county leaders for consideration.
Scotland County Board of Health--Citizens to provide oversight and to set policy for the Scotland County Health Department and act as the advisors to the commissioners on all matters of health. The appointees must meet certain criteria for occupations based on North Carolina General Statutes. The four vacancies are for the following professions: veterinarian, engineer, and optometrist, as well as a public member.
Nursing Home Community Advisory Committee--The purpose of this committee is to work to resolve grievances or problems pertaining to nursing home Residents' Rights at the local level, to promote community involvement with nursing homes and their residents, and to promote community education and awareness of the needs of residents in nursing homes. Members serve for a three year term.
Adult Care Home Community Advisory Committee--The purpose of this committee is to work to resolve grievances or problems pertaining to "Adult Care Home Residents' Bill of Rights" at the local level, to promote community involvement with adult care homes and their residents, and to promote community education and awareness of the needs of residents in adult care homes. Members serve for a three year term.
SCATS Transportation Advisory Board-- A key role for the Transportation Advisory Board is to review public transportation services, projects and funding with an eye toward whether they are being fairly and equitable distributed to community residents, Specific roles will be subjected to the needs and desires of the public transportation agency that serves the community. The TAB focuses on current policy and services while developing plans for the future of public transportation. The contact for this board is Kimberly McRae and may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 910-277-2525 ext. 3371.
If you are interested in these vacancies please fill out an application here.
If you have questions about any Boards or Committees listed below contact Clerk to the Board Jason Robinson by email.
Board / Committee Listing
The following is a listing of the Boards and Committees in Scotland County.
- Aging Advisory Council
- Board of Equalization and Review
- Community Access Channel Advisory Board
- Eastpointe Mental Health Board
- Jury Commission
- Juvenile Crime Prevention Council
- Laurinburg/Scotland County Drug and Crime Committee
- Laurinburg/Scotland County Planning and Zoning Board
- Laurinburg/Scotland County Board of Adjustment
- Adult Care Home Community Advisory Committee
- Nursing Home Advisory Committee
- Lumber River Workforce Development Board
- Maxton/Scotland County Planning Board
- Maxton/Scotland County Board of Adjustment and Appeals
- Parks and Recreation Advisory Board
- Richmond Community College Board of Trustees
- SCATS Advisory Council
- Scotland County ABC Board
- Scotland County Board of Health
- Scotland County Community Foundation
- Scotland County Fire Commission
- Scotland County Historic Properties Commission
- Scotland County Memorial Library Board of Trustees
- Scotland County Planning and Zoning Board
- Scotland County Recreation Foundation
- Scotland County Social Services Board
- Scotland County Tourism Development Authority
- Scotland County Zoning Board of Adjustment
- Selective Service Board
- Southeastern Community and Family Services
- Southeastern Economic Development Commission
- Wagram/Scotland County Zoning Board of Adjustment
- Wagram/Scotland County Zoning Board