Boards & Committees
Join a Board / Committee
Complete an online application. A printable Application (PDF) can also be filled out.
If you are interested in joining the Social Services Board, please fill out an .
Aging Advisory Council--The purpose of the Scotland County Aging Advisory Council is to advocate, communicate, educate and create respect for adults 55 and older. The Aging Advisory Council is a collaborative of all agencies serving older adults and citizen board members.
Laurinburg Scotland County Planning and Zoning Board--Must live within a mile of the Laurinburg City Limit but not inside of the city limits.
Laurinburg-Scotland County Crime and Drug Commission--Group of citizens and law enforcement that discuss idea and offer possible solutions to crime and drug issues in the city and county. The group presents the ideas of the group to city and county leaders for consideration.
Scotland County Board of Health--Citizens to provide oversight and to set policy for the Scotland County Health Department and act as the advisors to the commissioners on all matters of health. Appointee must be a dentist in Scotland County according to North Carolina General Statute.
Historic Properties Commission--Group of citizens that are the governing board for the North Carolina Rural Heritage Center and the properties that are associated with that museum. Appointees must be willing to work at the museum on Saturdays and Sundays. One vacancy to fill unexpired terms.
Board of Equalization and Review--This board hears taxpayer appeals to determine property value (real, personal, business personal). The term is for three years and the board usually meets 1-4 times per year usually in April. This is for two vacancies. For more information contact Tax Administrator Jim Brown at 910-277-2448 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Juvenile Crime Prevention Council (JCPC)--This board administers programs aimed at at-risk youth. For more information contact Rogena Deese at 910-474-3079 or email@example.com
Scotland County Social Services Board of Directors--An appointment by the North Carolina Social Services Commission (not done by the county commissioners) to set policy for the local Department of Social Services. This is an appointment to an unexpired term. Application form can be found here: https://www.ncdhhs.gov/media/14051/download?attachment
If you are interested in these vacancies please fill out an application here.
If you have questions about any Boards or Committees listed below contact Clerk to the Board Jason Robinson by email.
Board / Committee Listing
The following is a listing of the Boards and Committees in Scotland County.
- Aging Advisory Council
- Board of Equalization and Review
- Community Access Channel Advisory Board
- Eastpointe Mental Health Board
- Jury Commission
- Juvenile Crime Prevention Council
- Laurinburg/Scotland County Drug and Crime Committee
- Laurinburg/Scotland County Planning and Zoning Board
- Laurinburg/Scotland County Board of Adjustment
- Lumber River Council of Governments Adult Care Home Community Advisory Committee
- Lumber River Council of Governments Nursing Home Advisory Committee
- Lumber River Workforce Development Board
- Maxton/Scotland County Planning Board
- Maxton/Scotland County Board of Adjustment and Appeals
- Parks and Recreation Advisory Board
- Richmond Community College Board of Trustees
- SCATS Advisory Council
- Scotland County ABC Board
- Scotland County Board of Health
- Scotland County Community Foundation
- Scotland County Fire Commission
- Scotland County Historic Properties Commission
- Scotland County Memorial Library Board of Trustees
- Scotland County Planning and Zoning Board
- Scotland County Recreation Foundation
- Scotland County Social Services Board
- Scotland County Tourism Development Authority
- Scotland County Zoning Board of Adjustment
- Selective Service Board
- Southeastern Community and Family Services
- Southeastern Economic Development Commission
- Wagram/Scotland County Zoning Board of Adjustment
- Wagram/Scotland County Zoning Board