- Boards & Committees
Boards & Committees
Join a Board / Committee
Complete an online application. A printable Application (PDF) can also be filled out.
If you are interested in joining the Social Services Board, please fill out an Application Form (PDF).
Zoning Board of Adjustment--This board hears zoning appeals and applications for variances to the zoning ordinance. The contact is Ms. Brooke McQueen 910-277-2419 or firstname.lastname@example.org. 5 members and 2 alternates are needed. This board will be appointed in June of 2023.
Scotland County Planning and Zoning Board--This board hears requests for special use permits, and rezoning requests to the zoning ordinance. The contact is Ms. Brooke McQueen 910-277-2419 or email@example.com.
ABC Board--This Board operates the ABC store in Scotland County and sets policy for it. Contact is Mr. Bill Graves. His email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Board of Equalization and Review--This board hears tax appeals on property values. They meet usually once per year beginning in April. Contact is Ms. Miki Butler. She can be reached at 910-277-3112 or by email at email@example.com
Aging Advisory Council--The purpose of the Scotland County Aging Advisory Council is to advocate, communicate, educate and create respect for adults 55 and older. The Aging Advisory Council is a collaborative of all agencies serving older adults and citizen board members.
Lumber River Aging Advisory Council--This council is concerned with issues related to older citizens. More information, please see this link. The contact for this council is Twilla Allen at the Lumber River Council of Governments. She can be reached at 910-775-9781 orTCA@lrcog.org.
Laurinburg-Scotland County Crime and Drug Commission--Group of citizens and law enforcement that discuss idea and offer possible solutions to crime and drug issues in the city and county. The group presents the ideas of the group to city and county leaders for consideration.
Scotland County Board of Health--Citizens to provide oversight and to set policy for the Scotland County Health Department and act as the advisors to the commissioners on all matters of health. The appointees must meet certain criteria for occupations based on North Carolina General Statutes. The vacancies are for the following professions: veterinarian.
Juvenile Crime Prevention Council (JCPC)--This board administers programs aimed at at-risk youth. For more information contact Rogena Deese at 910-474-3079 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Nursing Home Community Advisory Committee--The purpose of this committee is to work to resolve grievances or problems pertaining to nursing home Residents' Rights at the local level, to promote community involvement with nursing homes and their residents, and to promote community education and awareness of the needs of residents in nursing homes. Members serve for a three year term.
Adult Care Home Community Advisory Committee--The purpose of this committee is to work to resolve grievances or problems pertaining to "Adult Care Home Residents' Bill of Rights" at the local level, to promote community involvement with adult care homes and their residents, and to promote community education and awareness of the needs of residents in adult care homes. Members serve for a three year term.
Jury Commission--This commission meets to determine eligible jurors for a two year cycle. The appointment is for two years. Will be appointed in June of 2023.
SCATS Transportation Advisory Board--A key role for the Transportation Advisory Board is to review public transportation services, projects and funding with an eye toward whether they are being fairly and equitably distributed to community residents. Specific roles will be subject to the needs and desires of the public transportation agency that serves the community. The TAB focuses on current policy and services while developing plans for the future of public transportation. The contact for this board is April Snead and may be reached at email@example.com or 910-277-2525 ext. 3371.
If you are interested in these vacancies please fill out an application here.
If you have questions about any Boards or Committees listed below contact Clerk to the Board Jason Robinson by email.
Board / Committee Listing
The following is a listing of the Boards and Committees in Scotland County.
- Aging Advisory Council
- Board of Equalization and Review
- Community Access Channel Advisory Board
- Eastpointe Mental Health Board
- Jury Commission
- Juvenile Crime Prevention Council
- Laurinburg/Scotland County Drug and Crime Committee
- Laurinburg/Scotland County Planning and Zoning Board
- Laurinburg/Scotland County Board of Adjustment
- Adult Care Home Community Advisory Committee
- Nursing Home Advisory Committee
- Lumber River Workforce Development Board
- Maxton/Scotland County Planning Board
- Maxton/Scotland County Board of Adjustment and Appeals
- Parks and Recreation Advisory Board
- Richmond Community College Board of Trustees
- SCATS Advisory Council
- Scotland County ABC Board
- Scotland County Board of Health
- Scotland County Community Foundation
- Scotland County Fire Commission
- Scotland County Historic Properties Commission
- Scotland County Memorial Library Board of Trustees
- Scotland County Planning and Zoning Board
- Scotland County Recreation Foundation
- Scotland County Social Services Board
- Scotland County Tourism Development Authority
- Scotland County Zoning Board of Adjustment
- Selective Service Board
- Southeastern Community and Family Services
- Southeastern Economic Development Commission
- Wagram/Scotland County Zoning Board of Adjustment
- Wagram/Scotland County Zoning Board