Frequently Asked Questions
No. All reservations and payments must be made online or one of our physical locations; Scotland Place - 1210 Turnpike Rd. Laurinburg, NC 28352 or Wagram Recreation Center - 24441 Marlboro St, Wagram, NC 28396.
When are deposits and fees due?
- Deposits are due at the time of your Rental Application submission. All other fees are due no later than 7 days prior to your event. Upon submission of your application, staff will provide you with detailed information on deposits and fees along with due dates.
Are my rental fees deducted from my deposit?
- No. Deposits and rental fees are separate.
Can I make changes to my event?
- Changes can be made to your rental outside 30 days of your event. Any other changes are subject to our cancelation policy below.
Do we set up our own tables and chairs?
- Our staff will ASSIST you with setting up and taking down tables and chairs. You will need to begin clean up your trash and personal property within one hour of your event ending.
Do you provide linens or table settings?
- No. We only supply the tables and chairs for your event. You will need to provide all your linens, tableware and decorations.
Do you provide catering?
- No. You will need to provide your own caterer or you may bring in your own food.
Can I bring in my own alcohol for my event?
- If you pay the rental fee to have alcohol at your event, you may bring beverages but CANNOT SELL it. Two off duty police officers will be designated to your party to ensure decency. This feel is $50 per hour and will be added to your event fees. If you are caught consuming alcoholic beverages without notice your rental will end without refund. Alcohol is PROHIBITED at all parks!
Are there kitchen amenities at the facilities?
- The kitchen is included in rental at no extra charge. There is a microwave, refrigerator, and ice maker. The stove is for warming only. No cooking is allowed inside the building.
Can I have a DJ or a band?
- Yes. Keep in mind, activities will be allowed which might disturb persons or properties in surrounding areas. This includes DJ’s, Bands, & Loud Music. City or Laurinburg noise ordinance GS160A-184 will be observed.
Do I need to hire security?
- We will provide security for a fee for rentals that serve alcohol only. Any added security on your behalf will be paid for by the party renting.
How do I get my deposit refund?
- If you leave the facility in the same condition you received it (no damages and all rules and regulations were followed), you will receive your entire deposit refund in the form of a check 2-4 weeks following your event. If you paid with a credit/debit card online your form of payment will be refunded within the same timeframe.
What if I need to cancel my event?
- A $50 cancellation fee is in effect if cancelled within one month of event date. No refunds will be issued within 10 days of your rental if you cancel. You may make changes outside 30 days of your event. If your event is canceled inside 30 days you will be given a departmental credit for the amount of your rental.